Dyslexia Reading Connection, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization devoted to supporting the dyslexic community. The mission of Dyslexia Reading Connection (DRC) is “to provide tutoring and related services in reading, spelling, and math to students and adults with dyslexia.” The vision of DRC is “inspiring a world of learning and literacy for the dyslexic community of northeast Wisconsin.” DRC has grown to be one of the largest organizations specializing in dyslexia, helping hundreds of students over the years. While our area of expertise is dyslexia; the programs we offer are data-proven and evidence-based to aid any individual struggling with reading, spelling, or math. We offer community education, consultations, screenings, and tutoring services.
Since 2004, DRC has successfully worked to bring students into a world they might never have known. With our knowledge, experience, and understanding, we are able to provide effective instruction for dyslexic students using research-proven methods. This allows them to attain grade-level literacy in reading, spelling, and math with confidence and enjoyment, which provides lifelong skills for success.
Dyslexia Reading Connection is seeking candidates for its Board of Directors. We ask for a small obligation from you, yet offer a list of opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
- Attend a 1½ – 2 hour board meeting every other month
- Serve on one committee; Legal, Financial & Operations; Fundraising & Marketing; or Executive Committee
- Further the mission and vision of DRC
- Serve one 3-year term (minimum)
- Attend fundraising events
- Make an annual and meaningful donation to DRC
- Prior board experience preferred, but not required
- Experience in the following fields are desirable: medical, accounting, education, marketing, or fundraising
- Expand your critical thinking and communications skills
- Develop a better understanding of dyslexia
- Improve your ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Expand your visibility within the community
- Provide great networking opportunities
- Gain leadership experience that you can use in all areas of your life
- Be part of something that is making a difference in your community