- Share your excitement for what you do in your posting! Candidates will be looking for opportunities that match their passion, so write about what makes your organization special.
- Include the expected time commitment in opportunity postings.
Agencies can add as many Account Members as they like in the Profile section. You select the Member Permissions.
- Candidates use the website to express interest. It’s exciting that someone showed interest in your organization, so make sure you know about it! Whitelist [email protected] so notifications make it to your inbox.
- Log into your account and you’ll automatically be on your Dashboard. Navigate to Recent Applicants.
You can remove your posting at any time. Nonprofit Leadership Initiative staff will monitor postings and contact agencies semi-annually to verify posting status.
- Click Register and select Agency to complete information on your organization.
- Approval – Nonprofit Leadership Initiative will review your account and send you an email once the agency is approved.
- Use the Login link and enter your username and password and click Post New Opportunity when you’re ready to add your board/committee/taskforce opportunities.
Agency logo images need to be perfectly square. We recommend 325px x 325px for best representation on the site.
No, generous support of community funders allows Nonprofit Leadership Initiative to provide this service free of charge.
Board Connect provides another tool for your board/committee and taskforce recruitment. This platform allows your agency to reach beyond your typical social and professional networks and appeal to a broader, diverse candidate pool.
- Think organizational mission first. What energizes you? As a board, committee and task force member you’ll be a community ambassador for an organization’s work. Make sure you will want to speak about the mission enthusiastically.
- Once you’re sharing your talents with a nonprofit, take advantage of educational opportunities. Nonprofit Leadership Initiative has additional resources to help you be a successful partner to your nonprofit. Learn more.
The reasons are varied, but what we hear most often from those currently serving are:
- Being part of something bigger than myself
- A chance to share my strengths in a new capacity
- Professional and personal growth opportunities
- A chance to grow my network
- Increase my visibility in the community
Q. Are there events I can attend to meet nonprofits looking for board, committee, or task force members?
Yes! Sign-up here and we’ll add you to the mailing list for Board Connect events from Nonprofit Leadership Initiative.
We’re sorry about that. Sometimes emails from Board Connect might get caught in the agency’s ‘other’ email inbox. Email us at [email protected] and we’ll make sure to get you connected.
That’s ok. Matching your interests to an organization’s mission is most important. New opportunities are added on a regular basis. In the meantime, find an agency whose mission matches your interests. Click the Follow icon and you’ll be notified by email when the agency adds an updated opportunity.
Click the heart to save an opportunity you’re interested in and want to return to it later.
Click Follow by an agency’s name to receive email notifications when opportunities are added.
Go ahead and browse the site and then create an account so you can express interest in an opportunity, save an opportunity or Follow an agency.
Many find it easiest to start by using the 'Search by Cause' feature to view the different types of agencies. Select an area that suits your interest and click on the appropriate icon to view the agencies listed on the site. Not all the agencies will have an immediate need for volunteers, so click the Follow button to be notified when an opening is posted. Another option is use the 'Find Opportunities' feature and search by specific Skill or Interest. When you click on an option (ex. Maintenance), existing available opportunities will be listed.
Board Connect is a free, online community resource which matches individuals interested in nonprofit board, committee and taskforce service with opportunities to serve.