Who We Are:
Founded in 2011, the Little Chute Governance Council has been authorized by the Little Chute Area School District Board of
Education to govern two charter schools in the Little Chute Area School District; the Flex Academy a K-8 virtual school, and the Little
Chute Career Pathways Academy a 9-12 project-based school that focuses on manufacturing and health care career pathways.
The Little Chute Governance Council is composed of seven to eleven voting members. Each member serves a three year term and
may serve a maximum of two terms.
The Council’s role is to provide academic, fiscal, and fundraising oversight as it upholds the mission and vision of both schools. The
Council serves in an advisory capacity to the LCASD charter schools. The Governance Council meets eight to ten times annually. In
addition to these meetings Council members may be required to serve on Council committees as requested by the Council President.
What We Do:
● Council members work collaboratively to ensure the mission and vision of the schools.
● Council members maintain high ethical standards in their oversight of the schools.
● Council members speak with one voice once a decision is made or a resolution passes.
● Council members have substantive knowledge or skills in areas complementary to the needs of the Council and share these
skills to accomplish both school’s goals and priorities.
● Council membership is determined by an application and approval process, not an election.
● There is no compensation for this position.
To learn more about how you can become a part of the Little Chute Charter School Governing Council Please click HERE