Paper Industry International Hall of Fame (PIIHOF) & Paper Discovery Center (PDC) Board of Director Job Description
Statement of Individual Board Member’s Responsibilities
Mission: Motivating the community to experience the world through scientific exploration
Vision: To be the destination for lifelong learning and discovery
- Perform their responsibilities in good faith and with the same care an ordinary person would use in managing his/her own affairs.
- Act in good faith and in a manner, which does not harm the organization to the benefit of the director or officer. Avoid any conflicts of interest or appearances of impropriety.
- Comply with the provisions of the articles of incorporation, bylaws, and state laws and should safeguard the Paper Discovery Center’s/Paper Industry International Hall of Fame mission
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of PDC/PIIHOF
- Know PDC/PIIHOF mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs.
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings, asking timely and substantive questions, maintaining confidentiality and speaking for the board when authorized to do so.
- Make sure that the Executive Director and Financial Development Director has what she/he needs to do the job, and is supported, held accountable and evaluated on a regular basis.
- Exercise prudence with the board in the control and transfer of funds.
- Implement fund-raising strategies to ensure that adequate funds are raised to support the PDC/PIIHOF policies and programs.
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Experience and/or knowledge preferred in at least one or more areas: fundraising, accounting/finance, nonprofit background, human resources, technology, community relations, or organizational operation.
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and PDC/PIIHOF to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the PDC/PIIHOF mission.
- Prepare for, attend and conscientiously participate in monthly board meetings.
- The Board of Directors are responsible for creating and approving the budget and ensuring that the budget is raised.
- Each Board of Director member must also be willing to participate in fundraising activities.
- Must be willing to make a financial commitment and give an annual gift according to personal means.
- Must be willing to volunteer at special events and as needed for the PDC/PIIHOF.
- Board of Director member must see themselves as facilitators for the organization, providing support to staff and other board members. They must be open to working with other people, respecting new ideas and taking reasonable risks.
To apply, please email resume to Dave Kuchenbecker at [email protected].